Friday, March 2, 2018

Shenanigans!!

I don't really know when St. Patrick's Day became a holiday with lots of decorations. I also don't really care, because it's delightful. St. Patrick's Day has all kind of fun stuff- green glittery shamrocks, corned beef, heavy drinking, pinching people... What's not to love? I've embraced all the secular flotsam and jetsom that surrounds the day, and that includes the decorations.

I spent yesterday afternoon turning the living room etagere into an homage to the Irish. Even Goldie Horn got a fabulous shamrock headband!




I threw in some crap from the Dollar Tree and some mini canvases I painted a few years ago, and a fun banner from Target. (Seriously, who doesn't love shenanigans??)


But my very favorite part is my leprechaun village. I made this a few years ago using the cheap little unfinished wooden birdhouses from Michaels. All it took was a bag of pebbles from the Dollar Tree, spackle, craft paint, moss, twigs, and glue to turn them into adorable tiny stone cottages. Add in some moss mats, greenery, and tiny fairy lights, and you have a village fit for a leprechaun king. I stand in front of it and stare at it at least five times a day. It's so green!! And charming!!! I just want to shrink myself and have a pint in the tiny pub. Honestly, I think I might love it more than my Christmas villages, and that's really saying something.



It's even more charming with the lights on!



So even though the leprechauns will only be in residence for two weeks before the bunnies start edging them out, I'll enjoy their little hamlet every day. And if you need me, you can find me staring longingly at miniature cottages, and idly dreaming about pots of gold at the end of rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment